Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bored Books


We own a TON of books. Quite frankly, I'm bored of them. Bored to tears. Maya, however, is not and will bring me some to read over and over and over again. I know some of them by heart. Seriously, I hide them sometimes. They are all very good books, but I need a break from them. When it gets this bad, it's time for a trip to the library.

Our local library is wonderful. They have toys, puzzles, a beautiful tree with an ENORMOUS root system for Maya to play in, and a sea of books (of course). I am always completely overwhelmed in there. It's hard to know which books are good and which are just duds. The shelves wrap around the room, there's an entire board book section and they have these catch-all baskets (great idea) for all "misplaced" books. You know the ones children just take off the shelves one after another and you don't have the time to alphabetize to put them back cause you're needed at the block station to mediate? Those.

So, I'm hoping that you'll take joy in reading our "old hats" and maybe we'll find some new blood in some of yours! Happy reading (and reading and reading).

1. Toes, Ears, & Nose by Marion Dane Bauer

2. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff

3. Goodnight Moon by Margret Wise Brown

4. Ten, Nine, Eight by Molly Bang

5. Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? by Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

  1. I know Dr. Seuss' entire Alphabet Book by heart! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went through this too... my friend and I did a book exchange. We traded five books with each other for a month. We got a small break from the old ones and had some fresh stories and when we got our old books back they were exciting again!

    ReplyDelete